Forums  |   Classifieds  |   Pictures  |   Captive FAQ  |   Articles  |   Chat  |   Users  |   Dealers  |   T-shirts  | Contact Us  |   Links  |   Home
Captive Bred Monitor Forum :  Varanus.net The fastest message board... ever.
You may post messages concerning captive bred and captive breeding monitor lizards.This is not a place to post animals for sale, wanted ads, or any other commercial material. Please only use pictures that you own. If you are using others pictures, credit must be given to the owner. All posts found in violation of these rules will be deleted, without discussion. 
VHG Pro Tip
Posted by: Manuel (IP Logged)
Date: October 27, 2017 11:15AM

This one ties in with caging, lighting and temperature.

Got this from one of the conversations with FR and JB. We had a cold front and my snakes were living under the light. I put a 15 watt bulb on the opposite end of the cage and will go up from there. All I needed was the 15 watt apparently and the hot spot made it back to 105 with the ambient in the low 80s. My snakes are in a unfinished garage with a 110 ac box. I really should insulate the roof and walls of my garage and raise the ambient with a room heater but not within my reach now.

If one has difficulty reaching desired temp range within a cage instead of using a higher wattage bulb on the hot side that may be a dangerous to the animals if the AC fails put a lower wattage bulb that does not have a fixed light range such as a A19 style on the opposite end of the hot side of the cage.

change it up as needed folks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2017 11:36AM by Manuel.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  VHG Pro Tip 60 Manuel 10/27/2017 11:15AM
  Re: VHG Pro Tip 43 FR 10/28/2017 07:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.