Forums  |   Classifieds  |   Pictures  |   Captive FAQ  |   Articles  |   Chat  |   Users  |   Dealers  |   T-shirts  | Contact Us  |   Links  |   Home
Captive Bred Monitor Forum :  Varanus.net The fastest message board... ever.
You may post messages concerning captive bred and captive breeding monitor lizards.This is not a place to post animals for sale, wanted ads, or any other commercial material. Please only use pictures that you own. If you are using others pictures, credit must be given to the owner. All posts found in violation of these rules will be deleted, without discussion. 
Eeek! Laugh at me haha! Crazy moment
Posted by: Carla (IP Logged)
Date: November 02, 2017 06:33PM

So I fed SD a chick tonight and SD headed to the basking spot. Welly had just retired to the cool borrow. So I stuffed a chick in there next to her tail. SD was watching but then proceeded to the hot spot, so I walked away, thinking all was under control. A few minutes later, I wandered by the enclosure —and in the middle was Welly on one end of the chick and SD on the other in a tug o war —with SD gaining the advantage!!!

ACK!!!!!

So I reached in and grabbed a squirmy SD up in my arms and wrestled the head of the chick away.Welly progressed gulping, with both feet in her mouth (not the most efficient chick eating method) and scooted away (she is still afraid of me)

So I put SD on the floor in the den and occupied his/her time chasing the terrier (who I did not have time to secure ), investigating the pile of riding boots and checking under the sofa. About 5 minutes and multiple arm scratches inflicted on me by SD later, Welly managed to gulp the chick down head first —finally—and I returned SD to the cage.

Ya’ll would’ve laughed your asses off at the show. Haha!

Faithfully submitted,
Carla

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2017 06:52PM by Carla.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Eeek! Laugh at me haha! Crazy moment 40 Carla 11/02/2017 06:33PM
  Re: Eeek! Laugh at me haha! Crazy moment 26 FR 11/02/2017 06:44PM
  Re: Eeek! Laugh at me haha! Crazy moment 22 Carla 11/02/2017 06:53PM
  Re: Eeek! Laugh at me haha! Crazy moment 19 FR 11/03/2017 06:43AM
  Re: Eeek! Laugh at me haha! Crazy moment 15 Carla 11/03/2017 02:52PM
  Re: Eeek! Laugh at me haha! Crazy moment 16 FR 11/03/2017 03:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.