Forums  |   Classifieds  |   Pictures  |   Captive FAQ  |   Articles  |   Chat  |   Users  |   Dealers  |   T-shirts  | Contact Us  |   Links  |   Home
Captive Bred Monitor Forum :  Varanus.net The fastest message board... ever.
You may post messages concerning captive bred and captive breeding monitor lizards.This is not a place to post animals for sale, wanted ads, or any other commercial material. Please only use pictures that you own. If you are using others pictures, credit must be given to the owner. All posts found in violation of these rules will be deleted, without discussion. 
Re: JB, update on the eggs please.
Posted by: FR (IP Logged)
Date: November 07, 2017 12:25PM

Like I warned Josh, be careful when candling. First, some eggs do not develop for a month. I do not know Sav eggs, so time will tell. that said, the other eggs look good.

Unfertilized eggs normally do not grow. Some of those eggs appear to be absorbing water. That is a good sign.

Eggs one and two, are done, toss them. I see you tossed the egg that was in the upper left.

Also with poor nesting, and your event while it happened, was poor. The eggs are held too long, and start to die in the female. So, its expected that some will die. Even if fertilized.

As you saw with Marcos one egg, even infertile eggs can go long periods of time without rotting. I would expect to see some vein net works growing at or before a month. Once you see that do not candle ever again. hahahahahahahahaha.

Any idea as too where that last mess came from???? Vee, or another female?

Subject Views Written By Posted
  JB, update on the eggs please. 31 FR 11/07/2017 07:50AM
  Re: JB, update on the eggs please. 27 JButera 11/07/2017 10:08AM
  Re: JB, update on the eggs please. 24 FR 11/07/2017 12:25PM
  Re: JB, update on the eggs please. 23 JButera 11/07/2017 02:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.